Visual Arts Challenge 2
To help you focus your thinking for your second Visual Arts Workshop the Teaching Artists have designed an activity that will take you about 1 hour to complete.
You will find details of the Second Visual Arts Challenge here.
• Take an A4 sheet of paper and cut a 21 by 21 cm square
• Fold your square in half, marking the crease and open the sheet
• Fold the paper edges to the centre and crease. Open up again
• Fold the other edges to the centre and crease.
• Fold each corner from the nearest crease towards the edge of the paper, leaving around 1 cm from the edge to form a flap
You should end up with an uneven octagon
• Fold back the edges over the triangular corners to make a flap
• Pull the flaps outwards to make a box. You may have to re-crease some of the folds to shape your box
• You are required to bring your box to the workshop
Now to the second part of your Arts Challenge.
Create a Visual story in 5 frames (avoid using words/additional text) using the text provided (framing text)
We worked in a big garden near the creek.
There were two water tanks and a
windmill next to the garden.
We had to work very hard in the hot sun.
One day, in the vet season, the people
working in the garden saw a storm,
with a big wind, coming in from the south.
There was something
inside that storm!
The old men saw it coming across the creek.
What is the learning?
Representation and Viewpoints:
To build a context through imagined and real events or histories
Cultures and Histories:
To build a narrative based on personal or imagined experiences
Investigating and experimenting how stories can inform visual representations
To develop an idea into a visual representation
To predict the meaning of text and translate into visual imagery
Your box will carry your fold out book and your clay sculpture.
Complete this activity before the 2nd Visual Arts Workshop